- A Global Engineering Company Reaching Out to the World
What is the flame plasma treatment? /
The flame plasma treatment is a treatment that creates a layer of molecular oxygen on the surface of a material, thereby increasing surface energy and improving adhesion. This creates an optimum surface for painting, printing, bonding, and laminating in the preprocess stage.
DOOLIM-YASKAWA’ flame plasma treatment improves the quality of intermediate and final coats by altering the surface properties of plastic parts for automobiles, such as bumpers and garnish.
Main Factors of the Flame Plasma Treatment System
DOOLIM-YASKAWA has the capability to perfectly control the following four main factors in flame plasma treatment system in order to create the surface tension customers want.
- 1. Amount of oxygen included in the flame (gas to air ratio)
- The flame treatment system of Doolim Robotics is equipped with an oxygen analysis device that accurately measures the air to gas ratio of the burning flame.
- 2. Distance between the product and the burner
- DOOLIM-YASKAWA’ flame plasma treatment system maintains a constant distance between the flame and the product at all times by exercising perfect control over the robot.
- 3. Flame treatment time
- The flame plasma treatment system is able to achieve 90 percent of the desired surface energy in the first phase thanks to its precision robot control capability and optimum system configuration.
- 4. Flame size
- The flame plasma treatment system controls the size of the flame by adjusting the combustion speed of the mixed gas and handles complex products with certainty through precision speed control.